GoPro is seeking a top-tier candidate to take on the responsibilities of a Staff Electrical Engineer. In this position, you will be responsible for electrical hardware development of consumer-grade cameras. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, design, optimization, implementation and test. You must be responsive, flexible, goal-oriented with attentions to detail, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
What You Will Do
- Accountable in driving electrical design reviews and collaborating with the cross-functional team to accomplish project deliverables.
- Electrical circuit design with ORCAD, PCB layout review, and releasing electrical BOM to PLM system. Electrical component selection, create schematic symbol and request component part number from document control team.
- Develop documents and validate electrical designs which meet functional, quality, reliability, manufacturability, and safety requirements.
- Resolve technical issues and tracked in JIRA and well communicate across functional team.
- Reviews and qualifies alternative electrical parts during engineering validation and development stages and supports sustaining engineering in qualify alternative parts after PVT/MP stage.
- Support compliance team to ensure electrical designs meet EMC compliance requirements.
Skills We’re Excited About
- MS or BSc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 8+ years of experience in electrical design and related field in consumer product.
- Experience in designing electrical system with Microprocessor, memories devices, power system, high speed transceivers, WiFi/BT/GNSS devices, and various serial interface such as I2C, I2S, SPI, UART, USB, MIPI, and other high-speed signals.
- Experience in Orcad CIS schematic, Allegro PCB EDA tool, and strong laboratory skill variety of electronic equipment.
- Proven ability in analyzing root cause, complex design debugging, and problem solving independently with minimal guidance.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, able to work independently and cross functionally
- Hands on experience with electrical lab equipment, including High-Speed signal performance analyzers, TDR, Oscilloscope, etc.
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just, and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $157,250 – $212,750. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.