As the Chief System Architect, you will help lead the go to market strategy and technology/product roadmap for Avicena’s innovative ultra-low power high bandwidth LED based interconnects for chip-to-chip communications.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide system and chip level architecture and design expertise with particular emphasis on HPC and AI/ML cloud server needs for next generation interconnects.
- Effectively promote Avicena’s chip-to-chip interconnects with customers, at conferences, standards bodies and through online media.
- Work with customers to effectively integrate Avicena interconnect technology into their HPC architectures and optimize the benefits of the Avicena solutions.
- Identify and deeply understand customer requirements and priorities. Provide feedback in order to continuously improve the form, fit, and function of LightBundle solutions.
- Assess competitive solutions and customer development plans to drive a compelling product roadmap with a clear value proposition for leading customers.
- Lead TCO-driven system-level scenarios and case studies, memorialized in white papers (or blogs), to help evangelize Avicena solutions
- Build a trusted relationship with strategic accounts by engaging with their design leaders, chief architects, and CTOs in order to help translate unmet customer needs at the system level into Avicena product definitions and value proposition.
You have a proven track record of designing innovative HPC and AI/ML system and chip architectures that became commercially successful products in their respective markets – especially relevant are server architectures deployed at scale in the cloud. You possess a unique blend of technical depth and business experience to thrive in the fast-paced environment of a high-tech start-up and enjoy working in a high-power team. You are an excellent communicator with a demonstrated ability to synthesize disparate inputs and distill data into clear and actionable written documents as well as give compelling oral presentations with ease.
Specific requirements are:
- BS in Computer Science or related field. Master or PhD degree highly preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience as a chip or server architect, preferably for large scale HPC architectures deployed on AI/ML workloads
Avicena is a privately held company developing microLED based ultra-low power high bandwidth interconnects for chip-to-chip communications. This technology will revolutionize High-Performance (HPC) and Cloud computing, as well as other industries where low power interconnects are critical like camera sensors, autonomous vehicles, and aerospace. Avicena is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California with a development center in Livingston, Scotland. The company was founded in 2019 by leading technologists from the optical networking industry with a track record of delivering breakthrough products. (www.avicena.tech)
To learn more about this position and career opportunities at Avicena,