Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Payments / Fintech teams at Toast operate one of the most critical portions of the Toast infrastructure: processing payments on behalf of our restaurants and ensuring that restaurants are paid in a timely manner. Payment processing is a key source of Toast’s revenue and also the lifeblood of our customers; we process millions of dollars in transactions per day. We are looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build and maintain highly resilient, flexible and scalable architecture by collaborating closely with PM
- Ensure team makes solid technical decisions and team output is high quality
- Review code to ensure technical implementation meets functional requirements
- Mentor and guide your peers, while also learning from their diverse experiences
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Growth mindset with an emphasis on learning and self/team-improvement
- Respectful, empathetic, and humble
- Focused on getting the right things done
- Experience in fintech/SaaS/transaction processing, a plus but definitely not necessary
We are hiring individuals with a wide range of experience so if you have more or less than these exact roles, please still apply!
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.