Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
Toast is looking for an AWS Cloud Infrastructure Engineer with 5 – 8 Years of experience who will be a key member of the team. The candidate will manage our cloud infrastructure running on AWS cloud platform. As a subject matter expert, the candidate will provide oversight to our development and production deployments and manage access, security, and provide input on best practices.
- Build, configure, and manage cloud compute and data storage infrastructure for multiple instances of AWS and Google Cloud Platform.
- Manage VPCs, security groups, and user access to our various public cloud systems and services.
- Develop processes and procedures for using cloud-based infrastructures, including, access key rotation, disaster recovery, and building new services.
- Help the business control costs by categorizing and tagging assets running in the cloud.
- Develop scripts and workflows to manage cloud compute systems
- Technical lead on systems, networking, and capacity planning for new infrastructure projects for our engineering, technical support, and DevOps teams.
- Manage our environments to be compliant with industry standard regulations for security and reliability.
- Provide oversight on log aggregation and application performance monitoring surrounding our production environments.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience with the core AWS services like EC2, ECS, RDS, DynamoDB, EventBridge, SQS, SNS.
- Proficiency in writing LAMBDA functions using Python scripting.
- Experience with the serverless approaches using AWS Lambda.
- Good knowledge in IAM concepts.
- Ability to use the AWS service APIs, AWS CLI, and SDKs to write applications.
- Proficiency writing code for serverless applications.
- Understanding of the use of containers in the development process.
- Creating alerts (custom and managed) for different services.
- Extracting log data and creating custom logs.
- Creating a Redshift cluster and doing data warehouse.
- Developing with RESTful API interfaces.
- Experience with Docker.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].